Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Something to Think About

My secret is that I can never remember the lyrics to an entire song. One of my goals is to be able to memorize an entire rap song.

I don't remember what song this comes from, but it has been stuck in my head this evening.

"Every beginning comes from some other beginning's end."

This is the end of a school year; the end of my undergraduate, and possibly my educational, career; it could be the end of some friendships too. I'll never again sit in my American Lit class and play brickbreaker on my phone. I'll never again rush to the dining hall on Wednesday for fried chicken day. I'll never again sing to the Moulin Rouge soundtrack as loud as possible in my dorm room with Mindy. It's the end. And it's sad.

But it's also the beginning. I get to work at BCM, which will be a new challenge. I get to be an adult and pay rent, etc. Not really cool, but its something new. I get to work camp this summer. Life is new. And it's exciting.

This new beginning came from another end. I hope that this beginning will be half as awesome as my beginning's end was.

1 comment:

  1. closing time by semisonic.

    it was my camp theme song, basically knowing that camp would be the end of life as i knew it, and after camp would come being president and new things :) actually it may be a title on my facebook album from philly.....

    ReplyDelete