Tuesday, April 14, 2009

On a rainy Tuesday morning...

My secret is that I know NOTHING about cars. So when Mary-Kate, my car, decided to act up, I don't really know what to do. That's why for the past 2 or 3 months she's been having temper tantrums and I've done nothing. Every now and then ( as in 8/10 times you try to go somewhere) she doesn't like to turn on. You have to turn the key a million (ok more like 10) times before she turns on. At first I thought that maybe I just didn't know how to properly turn on a car. So I tried a million different techniques. Eventually she turns on. Whatever. I always get where I was intending to be.
Well this morning, Mary-Kate said NO. She turned on eventually. But then I turned the ignition off, and she continued to run. WHAT?! Who knew that can happen! So I'm missing my internship this morning in order to go to the mechanic (My secret is...I really don't like mechanics and garages. I feel stupid there. And I think they want to take advantage of my lack of car-related knowledge). I have an eye doctor appointment and work tomorrow. Don't know how I'll get to either now. Frustrating. The weather today echoes my feelings. Literary term of the day--pathetic fallacy: giving inanimate objects human attribution. Ex: The weather seems just as frustrated as me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment